We are recruiting for a Data Scientist to join our client's Big Data Analytics team in Montreal. You will be with a team who manage our client’s centralized data asset, and this team produces business value and insights from massive amounts of data. The Data Scientist will have the opportunity to participate in data-driven projects that impact a range of businesses and initiatives.
Imagine the scale and influence this role has!
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Develop analytical models for data generated by a variety of applications and products;
- Perform data mining/machine learning/NLP tasks such as classification, regression, clustering, recommendations and text analysis;
- Build, evaluate and improve various algorithms at the core of existing or new data-driven products;
- Work with other team members to build analytics applications, visualizations, and APIs;
- Communicate results and present to different stakeholders in the organization, including peers, senior management and internal customers.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree are required
- 1 - 2+ years of corporate experiences post Master ‘s graduation
- 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following fields: machine learning/data mining, natural language processing, information retrieval, statistics
- Highly analytical, with sound grasp of basic machine learning and data mining concepts and algorithms
- Excellent ability to implement various algorithms
- 5+ years of solid programming experience with one or more of the following: C/C++, Python, R, SPSS, SAS, MATLAB or another statistics package
- Experience with relational databases (SQL) and big data platform and tools and platforms (e.g., Hadoop, Hive, Pig, AWS)
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Curiosity, passion about data, and a strong drive for results
- Desire and ability to learn new technologies and tools
- PhD or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or Statistics
- Experience with Java or a scripting language
- Innovative, proactive and think outside the box