As the PHP Back End Developer, you will join the in-house development team, whose main responsibility is building company's online platform. The role has all the advantages of working in a small team - versatile projects, plenty of independence, chance to influence the direction of the development, and opportunity to grow with the role.
Backend application and framework development using PHP, Yii Framework (MVC), PDO, and the like, plus supporting frontend development will be the primary tasks for the position.
Fluency with PHP, MYSQL, Git, PHPUnit, REST, Ajax, and at least one MVC framework are an absolute must and you will need to be at least familiar with Linux, Bash, phpDocumentor, Netbeans, HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, Memcached, JIRA, and Jenkins.
To be considered for this role, you must be:
* Capable of programming complex projects also without the help of PHP frameworks.
* Previous experience in writing APIs and implementing functionality with third party APIs.
* Strong understanding of object-oriented programming with PHP and at least elementary knowledge of design patterns other than MVC.
* Exceptional ability to design abstracted, high-level, and reusable solutions.
Required knowledge (this is a wish list.. nothing is set in stone):
* SQL optimization
* Transactions with InnoDB
* PHP optimization using front and back facing techniques
* Big O notation
* Basic data structures and algorithms
* Weaknesses of PHP and object-oriented design
* Inheritance, polymorphism, encapsulation
* Building complex, distributed software systems
* Security concerns with PHP, SQL, and the like
* Raymond's Unix philosophy
* Code analysis and automated QA