|Sr Developer (NLP, Linux, Python)
"Big Data". While this is an extremely cliché and totally abused definition, this is very much an appropriate use of jargon when discussing what our client is working with. Frankly, our client should coin the term, "Colossal Data Wranglers". Our client is a firm operating in stealth mode, and reaping incredible successes to-date. They are an impressive presence in the social media realm. This is all we can share for the time being.
They are growing, and on the verge of something big. As such, they need a strong Developer. Someone who has a solid background with Architecture, is an efficient coder, and isn't afraid to do a little bit of opps works.
The companies’ NLP team is seeking a versatile Java developer with some C++ experience who will be able to handle core responsibilities for the optimization, implementation and support of our natural language processing stack.
Qualified candidates will:
• Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years experience developing and deploying software systems
• Know and love Linux command line.
• Be very good and experienced developing production quality Java applications
• Have the eye and skills to develop internal web based GUI tools for operations and NLP staff members
• Have good experience developing production C++ applications
• Feel comfortable at a MySQL prompt
• Fundamentally believe in the automation of everything
The perfect candidate will:
• Consider fast paced, high-pressure startup organization a natural environment
• Have some C#/.Net experience
• Have working or academic experience implementing rule based NLP systems
• Understand what it takes to test NLP systems with natural language examples
• Have working or academic experience annotating syntactic trees and semantic properties
• Understand how to effectively take maximum advantage of every bit of compute, bandwidth and storage resources
• Understand concepts of Artificial Intelligence and Natural Language Processing
• Work effectively independently as well as within a small cohesive team
• Be Meticulous and understand that mistakes may cost millions of dollars • Have exposure to Brill POS Tagger or similar systems
• Have exposure to Cass Partial Parser or similar system