The IT Security Consultant position requires a solid history and ability to interact with peers and clients as both an auditor and consultant depending on the engagement. You must be able to confidently and accurately audit information systems to ensure integrity and effectiveness of security measures. This process will include the testing of technical controls, policies, procedures, regulations and industry best practices.
To be successful in this position, your primary job, of course, is to ensure the safety and security of critical clients by uncovering potential security breaches or privacy issues before they become issues. As such, you’ll provide strategic direction and thought leadership as you engage in day-to-day tactical execution. Your success will be measured by your clients’ satisfaction levels and by the results of your efforts to train others, develop standardized tools and methodologies, and to contribute in a proactive, productive way with client teams across the organization.
- Experience with PCI is necessary.
- Risk assessment
- Ability comfortably interact with senior management in a consultative manner
- Gap analysis
- FISMA, HIPAA, Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) (not necessary to have all of these).
- Virtualization and Cloud technology
- Experience in IT Security Audit and/or Compliance
- Extensive Linux systems configuration experience
- Information Security certification such as CISSP, CISM or CISM or QSA desired
- Strong IT background/understanding with respect to networks, servers, workstations and applications
- Excellent written, oral communication, and presentation skills