We require seasoned System Administrators with at least 3 years experience managing mission-critical, real-time Linux-based infrastructures, including:
- MySQL, RDBMSs, security and firewalls,
- experience managing VMWare vSphere in a managed environment
- understanding of SAN and NAS technologies
- in-depth understanding of principles and operations of site- and process-monitoring technologies
- strong network technology skills, including VPNs, SNMP, SMTP, IDS, et al
- experienced with Linux Debiand and/or RedHat.
- able to harden, patch, respond to security requests pertaining to their global infrastructure. The security expertise is not for someone who's just done a CISSP – not generic security. The need is for someone with experience patching systems inLinux, responding to scanning and hardening requests, not a security theorist but a security practitioner.
- ability to write and maintain system administration scripts in PHP/BASH and PERL
- strong LAN and WAN experience, excellent TCP/IP knowledge, solid experience with Load Balancers, Firewall experience, SSL accelerators, and BGP would be a big bonus.
- your database knowledge should be comprised of SQL Server, and MySQL. Oracle would be a big bonus.
In addition, the position calls for a candidate who:
- has a strong service orientation, and the ability to manage to up-time and maintenance targets
- will share pager duty, and work a floating weekly schedule
- can work with telco on troubles and maintenance issues,
- can effectively plan, coordinate and execute out-of-hours maintenance and project work
- you should have an affinity for rudimentary security systems / processes, such as working with Intrusion Detection Systems (SNORT, et cetera..) and OSSEC.
- We like Cacti and Nagios. However, equivalent experience and a desire to pick up new skills is certainly acceptable.
Additional consideration will be given to candidates experienced with Class 4 switching, and ISDN-PRI.
If you are a hard worker, with excellent communication, teamwork and project skills, then we would like to talk with you.