Systems Administrator within the core application operations management team, you will be responsible for the support and administration of mission critical services.
Leveraging the best of breed technologies you will have a direct impact on the company’s ability to succeed.
Reporting to the Team Lead, specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Administer and maintain platform infrastructure components to support distributed systems environments.
• Implement new technologies and solutions to infrastructure issues and /or needs.
• Monitor all platform and network components including remote locations and respond to critical system problems to minimize service unavailability.
• Conduct troubleshooting activities to ensure service levels agreements are met.
• Perform problem determination and troubleshooting tasks across multiple platforms, technologies and environments.
• Provide proactive resource utilization monitoring, performance tuning, and capacity planning.
• Provide system administration support for all environments including Development, Qualification and Production.
• Collaborate on joint initiatives with the Information Security team, Architecture team and Information System team.
• Support performance testing and application benchmarking activities.
• Backup and recovery, including labeling, tape rotation, scheduling, off-site etc.
• Provide users with technical support on all problems experienced by users of the systems.
• This role requires that you be available for off-hour, on-call support rotations.
Required Competencies and Qualifications
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working as a Systems Administrator.
• Strong network skills with at least 2–3 years hands on Network / System administration in web hosting/delivery environment.
• Capacity to install, configure, administer and support Linux on Intel based servers.
• Excellent understanding of Linux (CentOS, Debian, RedHat); Windows Server (2003 and 2008), networking (LAN & WAN); Internet Services (IIS, Apache, ftp, ssh) - scripting (Shell, Perl), snmp and backups (tar, cpio).
• Experience and knowledge of VMWARE vSphere 4
• Experience and knowledge of SAN technology
• Experience and knowledge with Windows Server 2003 and 2008.
• Experience with enterprise monitoring tools, monitoring methodologies, escalation processes and procedures.
• Good understanding of databases (MySQL, MS SQL and some Oracle)
• Complete understanding of Change Management and Fault Management.
• Ability to learn quickly and self-educate – capacity to conduct research independently.
• Good communication skills (English) and capacity/willingness to work in a team environment, knowledge of French is a definite asset.