The RF Integrator is responsible for the testing, installation, integration, troubleshooting, and maintenance of microwave radio systems and other related equipment. The RF Integrator must be able to provide direction to crews as needed or perform duties independently to complete projects in a precise and timely manner while meeting the specifications of a project. In addition, the RF Integrator is responsible for completing required closeout/install/turn up documentation per company requirements.
As a member of the Installation team you will be asked to install, maintain and support our wireless data network infrastructure in a precise and timely manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, configure, integrate and test RF equipment.
- Prepare install reports, troubleshooting documentation and turn up documentation.
- Prepare BOM's, schematics, plans and layouts.
- Develop a thorough understanding of installations and application requirements/plans.
- Perform RF/microwave related tests utilizing a full array of RF microwave laboratory equipment.
- Complete work assignments as directed by Supervisors/Managers and accurately report findings to aid in decision-making and/or problem solving.
-Coordinate accurate time lines of sight and scope of work options for network expansions and new installations.
-Provide occasional on-site and remote technical support.
-Provide troubleshooting when field problems occur.
-Effectively communicate with third party vendors in relation to specific project details.
-Work with internal teams to implement solutions to problems.
-Investigate, analyze and repair network failures as required, and work with internal teams to develop and implement solutions to problems.
-Ensure site quality standards are met including regular preventative maintenance programs and maintaining up-to-date and complete site documentation.
-Achieve field objectives such as due date performance, response time, clearing time, network performance and safety.
-Maintain a high level of technical knowledge.
-Provide timely and accurate asset tracking information.
- Experience in the telecoms industry preferred.
- Design and installation of RF/Microwave/Wireless networks would be a key asset.
-College level diploma and/or relevant trade qualification and/or relevant work experience.
-2 years of experience in supporting field operations.
-Experience in coordination of projects/teams in technical environment.
- Ability to understand and carry out both verbal and written instruction.
-Must be willing to learn new technologies, standards and alternative methods and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of RF, wireless and microwave technologies.
-Strong understanding of construction principles.
Personal Skills and Abilities:
-Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
-Self-motivated and well organized.
-Excellent communication and vendor management skills.