The Senior Java Developer works with business system analysts and business stakeholders to support, maintain, build and enhance a variety of applications. This includes creating technical designs, programming, debugging, unit testing, and documenting application changes within a variety of platforms, tools, and technologies. The Senior Java Developer works primarily with ecommerce, Digital Marketing and Online platforms and technologies: primarily the Hybris Commerce solution (WCMS, PCM, Order Management, Data Hub) and associated integrated applications including SAP ERP, in B2C and B2B channels.
The role requires strong technical abilities within application design and development, implementation, and support, especially in an SAP environment; ability to work with cross-functional teams; basic project management skills; and communication skills. The role will interface with multiple departments including Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Customer Service, Logistics, and Finance.
- Design, develop, and implement technical solutions that meet business needs.
- Take responsibility for end-to-end delivery of individual work items and small projects. Create project plans and estimate time and resources required on small to medium projects. Oversee end to end delivery of individual solutions and small to medium projects.
- Lead technical solutions from initiation through conclusion. Able to work with business stakeholders to elicit and understand requirements. Facilitate small teams through the process of developing alternatives, identifying and documenting pros and cons, and coming to a consensus point of view with supporting documentation.
- Design and develop end to end solutions that contain multiple technical components crossing functions and technical areas, following best practices and development standards and guidelines.
- Be a positive member of a team: serve as a mentor to others; provide constructive feedback; proactively share information with others to help; lead by example.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and stay current with industry best practices relative to technology, products, services and methodologies.
- Create deliverables according to the Software Development Lifecycle such as functional and technical specifications, use cases, test cases, and system documentation.
- Proactively monitor and support production systems, help resolve problems, and take appropriate actions to resolve root cause, improve system stability, operations, and processes. Resolve end user service requests.
- Participate in change control and release management processes for all eBusiness systems; ensure adherence to corporate change control procedures and controls. Manage and control source code and all appropriate documentation.
- BSC/BS/BA in Computer Science or related field.
- Sun Java Certification or equivalent a plus.
- Hybris Developer part 1 or 2 certification is a plus. However, Hybris experience is NOT mandatory in order to be considered for this.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in application development in online/Media/ecommerce software environments.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience developing web-based applications.
- Ideally, but not necessary, 1 year experience in Hybris Commerce platform.
- Minimum 3 years Java/J2EE development experience on the Spring Framework.
- Experience working in Agile based project methodology environments, including sprints, backlog and scrum based approaches.
- Experience working within both B2B and B2C environments is preferred
- Experience integrating ecommerce packages or websites into other applications including ERP, Tax, Payment gateways, shipping, etc. is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Web Content Management and Digital Asset Management tools in an ecommerce environment preferred.
- Experience with multiple web specific technologies, programming languages and major application frameworks (e.g. Android Java, Objective C and HTML/JS/CSS).