You will focus on the design, customization and optimization of "digital solutions" with one of the nation's largest retailers. This job requires you be onsite, at the companies core downtown Toronto office.
As the Technical Lead, you will assist in leading our client's direct-to-consumer business, acting as a technical lead on projects as well as providing solution guidance to the members of the team, including business analysts and developers.
This position will require you to have the technical skills to evolve the entire e-commerce landscape, troubleshoot production issues, and plan for software upgrades, support implementations of new functionality and to set strategic direction for our e-commerce platforms to best leverage the technology available to meet business needs.
- Provide insights and guidance to internal and external stakeholders to demonstrate how the e-commerce solution can be leveraged to meet business requirements.
- Teach, mentor and share knowledge with peers and cross-stream.
- Architect Direct Consumer experiences based on a foundation of Hybris, as well as integration with 3rd party systems including legacy backend applications.
- Provide guidance and direction to Hybris developers during design, development and implementation of features.
- Responsible for all technical integrations with 3rd party and legacy systems.
|Must Have Skills:
- 4+ years of full life cycle implementation experience using various SDLC methodologies
- Minimum of 2+ years of developing eCommerce and/or web content management applications
- Must have 2 years' experience in Web technologies like Servlets, JSP, EJB, Struts, Hibernate
- It would be great if you have worked with Hybris, Tomcat - Apache, Jetty web servers. However, experience with Hybris is NOT required to be considered.
Technical wish list:
- Hands on experience with Hybris core products such as Hybris Cockpits, Impex files, DOA layer, Data loads, Data Hub, etc. HOWEVER, hands-on Hybris experience is NOT mandatory in order for you to be considered.
- Hands on experience with coding extensions, modifying core nature of Hybris
- Experience with Faceted search modifications, Solr configurations
- Demonstrated proficiency with at least one development tool / technology
- Experience with one or more Java concepts and patterns including: Java/J2EE, JSP, Spring, Sling,JMS, JUnit, AOP, MVC, Eclipse
- Experience and full lifecycle involvement with both waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Experience with multiple source control systems: CVS, SVN, Git * Working knowledge of multiple web and application tier technologies: Tomcat, WebSphere, Weblogic, Apache Http, Spring tcServer, Solr, open source packages
- Experience with web application design and analysis, design patterns, and object oriented design
- Ability to define, create, and complete a technical task without guidance
- Ability to thoroughly unit test all work and deliver an error-free technology component to the team