Join our clients team and be a technology evangelist! You'll focus on Python, the scripting language used across their cutting edge GIS platform(s), and be responsible for inspiring our developer community while driving the vision and the technical roadmap. This role requires a highly driven, self-motivated individual who will work with our development staff, regional offices, international distributors, and partners to provide pre- and post-sales support.
- Unify data from multiple sources and formats, to craft a dashboard and to tell a compelling story to our business partners and senior executives. Will come up with creative ways to illustrate the data and identify hidden trends. Will play a strategic and visible role in effectively managing and governing the learning data across the organization.
- Work with large datasets to measure key metrics, business trends, areas of opportunities and anomalies.
- Integrate multiple data sources and different data formats into one Tableau visualization to tell a compelling story.
- Work with various stakeholders, business partners, and senior executives to understand business needs.
- Analyze data and have piercing insights.
- Ensure accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of building dashboards.
- Keep up to date with current technologies and trends
- Work with our client's global community of developer users and partners to understand their needs
- Work with other development teams to define the product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Present and evangelize the product in the user community at industry trade shows, conferences, hackathons and through webinars and social media
- Maintain technical product information throughout the development life cycle and release (white papers, presentations, etc.)
- Support customer and partner meetings
- Assist in competitive analysis
Knowledge base desired:
- Two or more years of experience in one of product management, product support, product planning, consulting, or commercial application development experience
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at the technical level
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills
- Must be energetic, creative, and self-motivated
- Ability to travel as needed
- Experience developing with Python
- OpenStreetMap and GTFS, libraries that write shapefiles, mapmatching algos, and raster & vector tiling schemes are 100% in your wheelhouse.
- Bachelor’s or master's in computer science, GIS, or related fields of study
Ideally, you'll have:
- Experience with GIS, location based services, geo-enabled apps, spatial analytics, or similar geospatial technology
- Expertise with the Python community and relevant Python packages such as NumPy, SciPy, and pandas
- Experience with the R scripting environment (not necessary)