Our client's content team is looking for a content rockstar. This person will be busy and heavily relied on as an essential part of an aggressive content strategy. You should be good (and fast) at writing and doing effective research—you thrive on deadlines and under pressure, you’re cooler than the other side of the pillow. Creativity and resourcefulness are essential traits. Journalists and news writers make great content strategists, so if you have a background in journalism, bonus points!
Having design skills would be a huge asset. So if you’ve got chops in any of these areas, speak up!
Essential traits and responsibilities:
- Develop thought-leadership pieces that drive knowledge both outside of the company and within.
- Write clear, concise content that makes the product interface(s) easier to use. Also, be able to push other content strategists and people across the organization to constantly improve the quality of their content.
- Discuss and validate you content recommendations and model this skill for other people on the team (as it grows).
- Collaborate with designers, developers, researchers, and product managers to create products that help users enjoy their customer journey.
- Set up editorial and content review systems that helps the content strategy team improve their work (it may be a team of you, in the early stages).
- Mentor and champion the work of other content strategists as the team grows.
- Evolve and build the editorial and voice and tone across site(s), and help evolve the content rules and standards.
- Brainstorm, plan, and contribute to developing new features.
- Use qualitative and quantitative research to make informed product decisions.
- Plan navigational approaches, think through language from a system -perspective, and define information architectures across complex products.
- Advocate for the role content plays in product design across the site.
- Encourage everyone to think holistically about the content experience and how it extends from product to touch points like the Help Center, blog posts, product landing pages, and emails.
- 5 or more years of dedicated content strategy experience in a online travel / commerce-focused environment.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams including UX designers, researchers, and Developers.
- Worked in a content role where you've had to write and structure language to respond to audience needs.
- A portfolio of work you've done. It's a bonus if you have samples that show interface content or microcopy.
- Created, implemented, and maintained content standards across an organization.
- A foundational understanding of user-centered design techniques and how to apply them.
- It’s a bonus if you have experience leading people or projects, or have set up editorial and review processes or quality benchmarks.
What’s in it for you:
- A collaborative, creative environment where everyone values experimentation and learning.
- Autonomy. They don’t believe in micro-management.
- A healthy work-life balance.
- Being part of a UX team that’s tackling design challenges on an enterprise scale.
- Learning and growing with the best in the business and getting the support you need to do the best work of your career.