Working as part of our client's Software Development practice you will help the development organization execute their multi-year digital transformation initiative with the ultimate goal of modernizing, improving and refine their software development practices and the related software development processes. You will leverage your development experience in combination with your consulting skills to effectively meet the customer’s business objectives.
The customer in question is a massively high profile multi-national. Their team is amazing to work with, very cool new technology, and you will be challenged (it's inevitable.. but, fun).
- Contribute to best practices consulting on various aspects of application development, including source control, build and configuration management, testing and automated testing, release management, requirements management and general development practices.
- Complete assessments and provide recommendations to our client.
- Join envisioning company / solutions delivery improvement initiatives adapted to specific business and technical client needs.
- The juicy details of this opportunity will come from a live conversation with us or the end client. There are several openings on this team, and each one is vastly different. So, itemizing the minutiae of each role is just not realistic. If you love developing, and also playing a high level impact role... call/email us/ apply to this asap.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant working experience in a software development organization as a developer.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant working experience in a software development organization as a lead/manager.
- Experience in several aspects of ALM with a preference for source control, build and configuration management, automated testing and release management.
- Experience working within a highly-structured IT environment, and recent experience with Microservices related projects / rebuilds.
- Familiarity with current Microsoft technologies, including C#, SQL Server, Visual Studio, (Team Foundation Server would be interesting, but not necessary), and Azure. However, AWS experience / expertise is great too.
- NoSQL technologies are more than familiar to you (Cassandra or Mongo).
- Docker should not be foreign to you.
- Experience with Sitecore CMS is a big asset. Not necessary, nor necessarily part of this mandate. But, it could come in handy in the future on other projects with the same customer.
- Strong understanding of various application and software development methodologies and approaches (Agile, Scrum, Kanban, CMMi, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little instruction.
- Demonstrated initiative, ownership and accountability.
- Strong communicator with the ability to clearly articulate technology and its usage to a variety of audiences as well as write technical or training documentation.
- Strong presentation and consultative skills.
- Self-starter able to find issues and fix with limited direction and to work efficiently as a team or individually.
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server is an asset.