Our client has started a DevOps transformation, and they need your help! The team you will be joining is focused on how to enhance development and operational efficiencies. They’ll do this by modernizing our processes/workflow and building a robust Continuous Integration/Deployment pipeline. They're looking for someone that is not only talented, but is willing to learn and then educate others about why the DevOps culture is so critical to the organization’s future success.
What You’ll Work On:
- Research current process and practices within the development organization. With that understanding, you’ll apply DevOps principles on how to transform and evolve.
- Participate in an Agile Software Development Life Cycle. This transformation has already happened in our organization. But you’ll help by pushing some of the agile tenets we strive for like Lean/Continuous Integration/Test-driven development
- Look at their current toolset and then find opportunities to improve with things like:
- Source Repositories like Git/BitBucket
- Artifact Repositories like Artifactory
- Automation like Jenkins and TeamCity
- Infrastructure as Code with Ansible
- Containers like Docker
- Monitoring with Greylog, Splunk or ELK
- Help them move to the cloud (AWS)
What They Need From You:
- Background in Operating System Administration (which one? Don’t worry, they use a lot, it’s a very heterogeneous environment)
- A fundamental understanding of IT and Security best practices, we work with their infrastructure on a daily basis
- An attitude that strives to always want to make things better.
- 4-6 years of related work experience