Our client is a growing North American champion within the enterprise B2B digital transformation solutions delivery space. They're in a beautiful sweet spot between being a giant global provider and a start-up. As such, they're engaged as the nimble "elite" thought leaders who drive change.
Our client's digital transformation team has an opportunity for a Soluitions/Tech Architect to join their team working on a high profile global transformation project with a US-based client, and work alongside highly skilled professionals with diverse backgrounds & expertise.
The bulk of your work can be done remotely with about 25% travel.
We are looking for a passionate proactive and meticulous Solutions / Tech Architect to support and enable change in the enterprise's portfolio of applications in response to business needs and constraints. "Retail" is a fast moving business, employing applications to support the planning, buying, moving, selling and servicing of connected consumer electronics goods and value-added services.
The solution architect role is responsible for capturing, understanding and interpreting business needs (and constraints) converting them into frictionless solutions that enable customers and colleagues alike to receive/deliver a best in class customer propositions.
You will be working with business technology managers, enterprise and business architects to assess and validate new business requirements and constraints, finding the right solution using existing and new applications and technology.
In terms of accountabilities, we are looking candidates to develop Application solutions in response to business requirements and constraints to agreed enterprise architecture (EA) vision, standards and design patterns including the evaluation of potential new s/w packages/solutions to determine functional fit/gap, how well it will integrate with the rest of the current (existing) portfolios of applications and other solutions (shared infrastructure, etc.). You will support the Head of Strategy and Architecture with developing and refreshing the IS Strategy in line with the Business strategy.
Demonstrates proven thorough knowledge and interaction with end users to understand and document business and functional requirements for complex projects, as well as collaborating with technical teams across the full software development life cycle.
Demonstrates considerable proven knowledge of analytical, organizational, planning and project management specific to software development lifecycle processes, which may include the following:
- Utilizing n-tier development, SDLC and Object-oriented design.
- Designing and implementing technology for new or existing business applications.
- Utilizing problem-solving know-how, especially debugging and troubleshooting complex software orchestrations, and identifying solution options and/or alternatives.
- Scoping and estimating project tasks, as well as managing multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities that include creative thinking and problem solving skills, individual initiative and the following abilities:
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses of large and complex data.
- Leading a key workstream in an engagement(s), staying educated on current trends and assisting in the development of knowledge capital.
- Collaborating with business development teams responsible for writing and presenting proposals to prospective clients.
- Supporting practice management for a specific operation or process.
- Managing and/or contributing to project planning, engagement administration, budget management, and successful completion of engagement workstream(s).
Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and success performing on technical teams across the full software development life cycle, including the following areas:
- Leveraging commerce platforms (such as hybris, ATG, Demandware, or similar)
- Leveraging multiple platforms, tools and custom extensions as a Solution architect, including: User Experience and Front End Presentation Layer (HTML5/CSS3, JS/AJAX, Responsive Design), Back-end and middleware development (JEE frameworks and design patters like spring, Sling, etc.),
Architecting cloud (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, BaaS) operations, delivery and brokerage services.
- Providing architecture know-how on E-Commerce transformation projects to optimize streamline and improve capabilities across content management, payment, promotions and fulfilment.
- Leading e-commerce and multichannel/Omnichannel initiatives, including digital development, user experience, organizational change and technology.
- Architecting SOA applications and implementing custom solutions with Spring/Hibernate framework and emerging Web 2.0 frameworks, XML and XML modelling, Data Modeling and Architecture experience with Oracle/DB2 and/or NoSQL environment.
- Utilizing the full life cycle development J2EE project and related development .
- Performing as a team member: understanding personal and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback; providing guidance, clarification and feedback to less-experienced staff