Calliere is a search firm that specializes in both early stage and well established technology companies. A financial services technology solutions development company is looking for a programmer proficient in Python, and Linux.
- Expert in Python and its libraries including Django (asset)
- Solve complex problems with innovative and elegant design and deliver robust functionality on time
- Experience with NoSQL technologies (MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, Hadoop, Hive, HBase)
- Experience with RDBMS (e.g. MySQL) and ability to write efficient queries with optimal structures
- Competently evaluate scalability trade-offs (memory, disk IO, CPU) for high volume systems
- Knowledge of OOP and scalable design patterns
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a sense of humour
What Python will be used for:
Python is used for quick development where ideas must be evaluated rapidly or applications built on aggressive time frames. Sometimes programs are left in Python. Where execution speed is paramount, Python is used to prove the concept and then is moved to C++. Python is used for all scripting and quick fixes.