Our client is looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer to join their core development team. The ideal candidate keeps abreast of cutting edge technologies and development practices and is well versed in Git and GitLab. Candidates must have extensive web-based application development experience that includes: interface design, collaborative coding practices, security, and development frameworks. This position requires a flexible individual willing to work in a very dynamic and creative environment.
- Work in a group environment to plan and design new product features and direction. If you love the idea of bringing your ideas to reality, and contributing to the business growth plans... this is something you should continue reading on about.
- Design, plan, test, and implement product features.
- Enhance and maintain existing code base.
- Suggest improvements and additions to the architecture.
- Participate in quality assurance planning and testing.
- Document software implementation and operation.
- Occasionally interact with customers and act as a company representative at technical forums.
- 5+ years industry-level experience.
- 5+ years web application development experience.
- Ruby on Rails application development experience.
- Objected-oriented design experience.
- Normalized database design experience with SQL RDMS’s.
- Ability to be respectful and critical within a team.
- Attention to detail.
- Version control experience: eg. Perforce or Git