Our client is seeking highly skilled network and data center engineers to help solve customer problems using technology. Our client's technology specialties include unified communications; enterprise computing, wired and wireless network infrastructure; data storage, business continuity, information security and application development. Our client brings you the premier technologies in the industry; as a services expert, you will tailor these technologies to the customer's specific needs and situations.
In order to provide outstanding service to customers in the Connecticut area, the Network Consultant must possess advanced knowledge in the network design, installation, integration, operation, and administration of various hardware devices including Cisco routers, switches, and network-interconnection devices. Exposure to IOS, NX-OS, and Cisco ASA software required. The Network Consultant should have advanced expertise in secure and high-performance WAN solutions. Duties require knowledge and background experience in large enterprise networks which support data, voice, and video. The Network Consultant we are looking for must have excellent troubleshooting skills using a variety of tools to identify and remedy network issues.
- 7+ years overall experience as a Senior IT Consultant/PS engineer in enterprise Data Centers.
- 5+ years Senior experience working with Cisco enterprise class switches and routers.
- 5+ years experience with security best practices and implementing firewalls and perimeter security measures including VPN technologies.
- 5+ years experience analyzing and developing LAN/WAN network designs
- Skills needed to work effectively in a team environment, promote customer service and handle complex technical issues. Time and project management skills required.
- Data Acceleration and WAN optimization experience with solutions like those from Riverbed
- Demonstrated oral and written communications skills. Documentation and presentation skills.
- Sound judgment, problem-solving, and decision making abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on assigned tasks under tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills (oral and written)
Cisco certifications CCIE, CCDA, or CCDP