Our client is an innovative communications solutions company driving incredible evolution in the highly competitive "wireless" industry. They have a need for a consultant to help them roll out a solution that could lead to a long term mandate with this Montreal based group.
In this role you will specify, design, implement, and optimize embedded software for the PHY (physical) layer wireless technologies. Responsibilities span the entire development lifecycle, including requirements, design, implementation, test, release and maintenance. This will involve communicating with internal customers to capture requirements, ensuring stakeholder acceptance and troubleshooting issues.
Required Qualifications To qualify, it is required that you possess the following traits and skills:
- Hardware description language, preferably Verilog or VHDL.
- Proficient in HDL (VHDL/verilog HDL) entry and simulation.
- Proficient in FPGA timing closure/area optimization techniques.
- Synthesis & place-and-route tools experience
- Timing analysis, timing constraints, and timing closure.
- Simulation tools experience.
- trong skills in RTL logic design and verification.
- Rigorous approach to test and design for re-use.
- Experience with the design of SOC architectures, memory and processor subsystems, networking, and peripheral interconnect
- Understanding of communications protocols.
- Strong knowledge of XILINX / ALTERA FPGA
- Track record of deliver against commitments with minimal supervision.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Proactive, willing to take initiative and seek challenges.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- BSEE or equivalent.